Why You Should Breastfeed Your Baby
- August 2, 2022
- 0 Likes
- 199 Views
- 0 Comments
- Breast milk is the best source of nutrition for most babies.
As the baby grows, the mother’s breast milk will change to meet her baby’s nutritional needs.
- Breastfeeding can help protect babies against some short- and long-term illnesses and diseases.
Breastfed babies have a lower risk of asthma, obesity, type 1 diabetes, and sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS). Breastfed babies are also less likely to have ear infections and stomach bugs.
Breast milk shares antibodies from the mother with her baby. These antibodies help babies develop a strong immune system and protect them from illnesses.
- Mothers can breastfeed anytime and anywhere.
Mothers can feed their babies on the go without worrying about having to mix formula or prepare bottles. When traveling, breastfeeding can also provide a source of comfort for babies whose normal routine is disrupted.
- Breastfeeding can reduce the mother’s risk of breast and ovarian cancer, type 2 diabetes, and high blood pressure.
- Breastfeeding has health benefits for the mother too! Some cancers, type 2 diabetes, and high blood pressure are less common among women who breastfeed.
WHO recommends exclusive breastfeeding for about 6 months, and then continuing breastfeeding while introducing complementary foods until a child is 12 months old or older. Read more here.
Leave Your Comment