Top 7 Negative Health Effects of Junk Food
Any high in fat, calories, sugar and salt yet low in nutrient content is Junk Food. Examples include chips, candy, popsicle, butter, cake, sugars, doughnuts, and soft drinks. Junk Food can have devastating health effects such as;
- Obesity-the high sugar, calories, and oil or fat content contribute to obesity in people with inactive lifestyles.
- Heart Diseases-Fat accumulation in your heart can lead to life-threatening heart diseases such as Ischemic Heart Disease, Atherosclerosis, Peripheral Vascular Disease, Myocardial Infarction (Commonly Known as Heart Attack), and Hypertension.
- Vitamins and Minerals Deficiencies
- Lowered Body Immunity
- Gastrointestinal diseases such as bloating, ulcers, hyperacidity, nausea, and poor appetite.
- Mental Disturbances: When you consume a meal rich in sugars, fats, and oils, it slows down your blood circulation, which means your brain gets less oxygen, thus the struggle to concentrate, feeling tired, irritable, and headaches.