Self Breast Examination Technique
- October 14, 2022
- 0 Likes
- 121 Views
- 0 Comments
1. Stand in front of a mirror with your arms relaxed at the sides. Check for symmetry. Look for changes in the breasts such as swelling, dimpling or puckering of the skin.
2. Clasp hands behind your head, press hands forwards and look for any changes in the shape or contour of the breast.
3. Continue checking as you press your hands firmly on the hips, hunch your shoulder and lean forward slightly.
4. Raise one arm, press your breast firmly with your finger whether in linear, concentric or wedgy motion for the entire breast for lumps and thickening. Palpate upto near the ampirt region. Squeeze the nipple and note any discharge.
5. Repeat the same procedure on the other breast.
6. Repeat procedure number 4 while lying on your back. Put the hand of the side you want to examine behind your head. Flatten the breast by placing a folded towel underneath the same shoulder.
Leave Your Comment