Seizures First Aid
- May 14, 2022
- 0 Likes
- 144 Views
- 0 Comments
The general principles of first aid management of seizures are to:
1. Ensure an open airway
2. Prevent injury
3. Do not restrain the victim during a seizure
4. Do not try to open the victim’s mouth or try to place any object between the victim’s teeth or in the mouth.
- Restraining the victim may cause musculoskeletal or soft-tissue injury.
- Placing an object in the victim’s mouth may cause dental damage or aspiration
- It is not unusual for the victim to be unresponsive or confused for a short time after a seizure.
- Send them to the hospital
Leave Your Comment